Friday, September 19, 2008

Sidede Onyulo

I was working on my cast wish list last week. Now a cast wish list if who you would like to see in your film. Now whether or not you get them is another story. But there was one character who I wrote around a great actor. Sidede Onyulo. Now if you do not know who this amazing actor is watch Nowhere in Africa and the Constant Gardener. He simply filled the screen with his presence in a quiet magnificent way. So imagine my ABSOLUTE dismay to be looking up his contact information to find out that this amazing actor died this summer. And worse it barely made headlines in the Kenyan media.
The one actor that I was going to go above and beyond to get on this project is gone. I need to wrap my head around this and figure out who else I can put down on my wish life.
A salute to the work Sidede did and the legacy he left behind.

2 comments:

chocolatestorm said...

What about Djimon Hansou (the guy who played Amistad)? I think if he read the script and because of his ties to Africa, he could say yes to playing the lead role. I think he's a great actor and would do the part justice. Don't let his hollywood status intimidate you, you never know until you ask....

Magere said...

The first choice to play Lwanda Magere is Djimon. We are working on getting a copy of the script to his reps. Sidede was for an older role that would have brought the grace that he always managed to add, to the story!!
Thanks for Supporting!!!