Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weekend at Magic's

Well this is going to be a very busy weekend for me. I am armed with the Hollywood Creative Directory and a list of literary agents and managers. Why you ask? Query letters! What are query letters.... well I will just toss out the Wikipedia explanation A query letter is a formal letter sent to magazine editors, literary agents and sometimes publishing houses or companies. Writers write query letters to propose writing ideas. So I am writing an letter to propose my film for representation. Sound like a lot of fun. It really is. In the first sentence I have to convince whoever opens the letter that they want to keep on reading. Basically I am going to spend the next 24 hours thinking of the ultimate hook that will make sure that someone out there will want to read about the Man of Stone.

No comments: